One of the strengths of CLLS is the spirit of sharing across programs. This resource page provides you with access to materials and resources, many of which were developed and contributed by CLLS colleagues.
CLLS 30th Anniversary ToolKit:
- 30th Anniversary ToolKit is here to help you with your local activities and celebrations!
Program Management Resources:
- Marketing Toolkit – contains 30 & 60 second video clips and a radio spot developed for CLLS that you can tailor for your own program, as well as a toolkit for being successful with local media engagement.
- Fundraising Materials: Individual Donor Campaign - Explore ways to increase funds donated by individuals. Targeted entirely for use by library-based adult literacy programs and includes templates you can use. Developed by San José Public Library's Partners in Reading Program.
- Sample Documents – Ranging from brochures and job descriptions to learner/tutor forms and strategic plans, this living collection consists of documents contributed by programs throughout the state. A source to look to when updating program documents or generating new ideas.
- Best Practice Workshop Presenters – California Library Literacy Services provides funds for each of its eight regional networks to provide professional development within the network. Workshop topic presenter descriptions and references are found here.
- ProLiteracy Accreditation Manual –While ProLiteracy is no longer providing their accreditation process, the manual is still an excellent resource for helping you to learn about critical aspects to develop in your literacy program, to document your program and maintain important information in one place. Also great for succession planning.
- Roles & Goals – tools and resources for implementing Roles & Goals reporting, includes forms and instructions (even videos!) as well as curriculum to help to meet learners" own personal literacy goals.
- Apps for All - FREE educational apps for adult literacy and children, reviewed and selected by the Santa Barbara Public Library’s literacy program with an LSTA grant in 2013. Apps are categorized by subject."
- Learning Differences Resources - Ranging from brochures and job descriptions to learner/tutor forms and strategic plans, this living collection consists of documents contributed by programs throughout the state. A source to look to when updating program documents or generating new ideas.
- Adult Learner Leadership Institute (ALLI) - The Institute is a statewide training program designed for adult learners by adult learners to improve their leadership, communication and advocacy skills.
- Work Wise - This curriculum focuses on the development of reading, writing, problem solving and English Language skills that are needed on the job. Developed by San José Public Library's Partners in Reading Program.
- Inspired Learning Model - designed to address the need for a pre-service training for prospective volunteer tutors that would better prepare them to be successful and satisfied in their role as tutors in library literacy programs.
- Common Core Standards for Adult Literacy - designed to be used as aids in developing lesson plans; for addressing learner's goals; and, for developing skills. Developed by North Central Coast Library Literacy Network (NCCLLN).