Writer to Writer Challenge
The Writer to Writer Challenge is the annual statewide writing competition for adult learners in public library literacy programs throughout California. Adult learners are invited to read a book of their choice and then write a personal letter to the author of that book, sharing with the author their thoughts and opinions as to how the book affected them.
The Writer to Writer Challenge gives adult learners the opportunity to make the first step into functional writing and provides a venue for these individuals to express their voice in a safe and trusted environment.
2010 Writer to Writer Form Templates: here.
Winner Letters & Videos
- Letters of the Award Winners & Finalists 2009: PDF format
- Watch the 2008 Award Winners Read their Letters [videos]
- Letters of the 2008 Award Winners and Finalists: PDF Format [5.22mb]
- Letters of the Award Winners & Finalists 2007 PDF Format Only
- Writer to Writer 2005 advanced winner [video] (3 minutes)