Money 101 – Practical Financial Literacy
Did you know that if you start saving today, one day you can be a millionaire? Learning about money is like learning how to speak a new language or play an instrument; it takes time, commitment, and daily practice. Once you understand the role money and finances play in your life, you have the power to turn dreams into reality!
In this fun and interactive workshop you will learn to:
- Identify your money personality
- Discover your passion
- Explore ways to get a job and earn money
- Set short and long-term goals and create a money plan to achieve them
- Understand some "basic" money terms and concepts
- Handle “sticky” money situations with your family and friends
- Tap into free financial education resources for you and your family.
This video was recorded at the Southern California Library Network’s Annual Literacy Conference, March 5, 2011, in Buena Park.
March 5, 2011
Financial Literacy Trainer