Literacy Public Awareness - and Action!
This presentation covers the results of a market survey of CLLS program participants - learners and tutors - conducted during December 2005 and January 2006. The survey addressed two main marketing objectives:
- Collection of information about what motivates literacy learners and tutors to act - to take the steps necessary to get involved in a literacy program
- Capturing accounts of participants' experiences in the library literacy programs in heir own words.
This information will be used to craft meaningful new public awareness and recruitment messages; to communicate those messages through effective channels to reach more prospective learners and tutors; and to create new templates for public awareness materials for use throughout California.
Handouts and Links:
- Speaker slides: PowerPoint [1.2MB] and Acrobat (3 sldes per page) [124kb]
- Literacy Survey Report Excerpts: [Word and PDF]
- Sample Flyer for Learners: [Word and PDF]
- Sample Flyer for Tutors: [Word and PDF]
Before attending your first webcast, we highly recommend you check to see if your computer has the software and hardware required by clicking on the Wizard button below. If you have run the Wizard but are still having problems, please check our Help and FAQ pages.